[R] Re: system.time(), sys.time() etc

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Feb 26 15:41:54 CET 2004

      Martin says, "This is another instance of S-Plus following R
behind and doing it incompatibly [with a reason?] ... ."

      This is one example of a major issue in "how to wage and win a
standards war", discussed by Shapiro and Varian (1998) Information Rules
(Harvard Business School Press).  Whether you're Bill Gates or Larry
Ellison, you want to make it easy for people to move to your product
from a competitor but expensive for your current customers to escape to
the competition.

      Spencer Graves