[R] building the development version

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Wed Feb 18 19:31:41 CET 2004

rossini at blindglobe.net (A.J. Rossini) writes:

> Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> writes:
>
> > On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Deborah Swayne wrote:
> >
> >> I'm trying to build the current development version of R on an SGI
> >> running IRIX6.5.  Everything proceeds merrily until I reach the eda
> >> package.  This is the error message I get if I cd to the appropriate
> >> directory and type 'make' or 'make all.'  Does this make sense to
> >> anyone?  -- Thanks, Debby
> >
> > There should be no such directory.  Did you do this in a clean build
> > directory, as this is what would happen if you try to rebuild over
> > sources from a couple of months ago?  Please try again starting in an
> > empty build directory.
>
> This directory exists on a clean anonCVS checkout, cvs co, followed
> with a cvs update -Pd.  Done AFTER Debbie's post, on a new machine.

There should actually be an eda directory. On my system, with a fresh
checkout from the developer CVS, it ends up building a package
containing only

.noGenerics <- TRUE

.First.lib <- function(lib, pkg)
{
    have.stats <- "package:stats" %in% search()
    if(!have.stats) require("stats")
    warning("package ", sQuote("eda"), " has been merged into ",
            sQuote("stats"), call. = FALSE)
}

I can't reproduce Debbie's problem though...