[R] Interest in commercial support for R, R-metrics and related packages

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Mon Dec 20 19:28:34 CET 2004

      A representative from Spotfire (www.spotfire.com) told me they can
link to S-Plus and R, and they use those links to produce custom code
for customers.  By the General Public License (GPL), Spotfire is
required to offer under the GPL the code for how they link to R, but
they don't have to make publicly available the code for their core
product.  Also, I don't think they have to make publicly available the
code they write for customers as long as they are selling consulting
services and not software.

      This may or may not help you, since Spotfire does not focus
primarily on financial services.

      spencer graves

Seshasayanan Pratap wrote:

>I am a partner at Assembla, a software services group that helps companies
>make use of open source techniques and software. We have been asked by a
>company in the financial services sector to provide support for their use of
>R, Rmetrics and possibly SciViews.
>
>I am trying to locate other companies in the financial services industry
>that might be interested in commercial support for R, Rmetrics and/or other
>R packages used for financial analysis. I would like to understand what type
>of services - such as technical support, custom development, versions tuned
>for financial analysis, user conferences/workshops, etc - would be
>interesting to users of R.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Sesha Pratap
>

><http://ps3pub.psteering.com/assembla/discussion/discussion_create.jsp?objec
>tId=fs000080000g1asihvp0000000&parent=fs000080000g1sc50c0g000000> Reply
>

>	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Spencer Graves, PhD, Senior Development Engineer
O:  (408)938-4420;  mobile:  (408)655-4567