[R] AUC for logistic regression [was: (no subject)]

Bernardo Rangel Tura tura at centroin.com.br
Thu Dec 16 10:00:50 CET 2004

At 20:21 15/12/2004, Kerry Bush wrote:

>Your formula is only a trapzoidal approximation to the
>theoretical AUC. It might be downward biased. I am
>also wondering if there is a funcion in R that can
>compute the MLE estimate for AUC.

Kerry I agree with you. But I dont Know compute the MLE estimate for AUC
and its standatr error.
Second I dont know MLE(AUC)/SE is normal so I dont konw wich test use.
Third I dont konw compute the correction is necessary because the test in
same population.

If You explain me this topics I upgrade the funciotn with pleasure.

But same with a possible downward bias the function solve Roman problem...

Thanks in advance

Bernardo Rangel Tura, MD, MSc
National Institute of Cardiology Laranjeiras
Rio de Janeiro Brazil