[R] Measuring Variational Distance

Bret Collier bacolli at uark.edu
Wed Aug 25 18:26:00 CEST 2004

R-Users,
         Does anyone know if there is a package or code somewhere in R that
provides a measure of the maximum difference between 2 distributions
defined on a common space?  I think it is called variational distance?  I
have constructed several marginal distribution plots (proportion/sample
where I defined bin-widths) showing the difference between 2 treatments and
I have been trying to get a measure of the difference in area between the
curves.

I tried searches using "variational distance"  on the R website and CRAN
with no luck.

TIA,

Bret Collier
Univ. Arkansas