[R] GLM with binomial distribution: a bug?

André TavaresCorrêa Dias atcdias at biologia.ufrj.br
Wed Aug 11 21:52:20 CEST 2004

I’m trying to run a factorial model with binomial error distribution on R
program but I had some problems.  I'm quite sure it is a bug and would like to
know if it was alread corrected. The output don’t gives me the effects of
factors, it mix the names of factors with the names of factor’s levels. For
instances: specieserythroxylum ('species’ is the name of the factor
and 'erythroxylum’ the name of one of the species used).
I ran these same data and structure with an ANOVA and it worked well. Could it
be some kind of bug or am I missing some step?

Thanks and all the best.
André

André Tavares Corrêa Dias
Laboratório de Ecologia Vegetal