[R] Error with 1.9.0 - Invalid HOMEDRIVE

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Wed Apr 21 22:33:05 CEST 2004

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:40:05 +0100 (BST), Prof Brian Ripley
<ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote :

>On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
>

>> I think it would be more useful for debugging purposes to do them one
>> at a time.  Do we still get an error message about HOMEDRIVE if we do
>> the above?  What if we set only HOMEPATH?
>
>Unfortunately you get the same message unless both are set correctly, so
>setting just one on the command line will tell you nothing.  I've changed
>the message for R-patched so we can tell them apart.

I've just uploaded builds of r-patched and r-devel to CRAN that
incorporate this change.  They should be visible tomorrow at

<http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base>

Follow the links near the top of the page; the ones in the main part
are for the unpatched 1.9.0 release.

Duncan Murdoch