[R] overlay two pixmap

Friedrich.Leisch@ci.tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at ci.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Sep 26 13:32:32 CEST 2003

  > Hi
  > I need to overlay two pixmaps (library (pixmap)). One, a pixmapGrey, is
  > the basis, and on this I need to overlay a pixmapIndexed, BUT: the
  > pixmapIndexed has set only some of its "pixels" to an indexed color,
  > many of its pixels should not cover the basis pixmapGrey pixel, means,
  > for this "in pixmapIndexed not defined pixels" it should be transparent.

  > What would you recommend me to do? Should I go for another solution than
  > pixmap?

There is no method for doing this in pixmap yet ... but if you write
one (shouldn't be too much code) I'd be happy to include it in the
package such that others can use it in the future.

                        Friedrich Leisch
Institut für Statistik                     Tel: (+43 1) 58801 10715
Technische Universität Wien                Fax: (+43 1) 58801 10798
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10/1071      Friedrich.Leisch at ci.tuwien.ac.at
A-1040 Wien, Austria             http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch