[R] (Fwd) Re: goodfit macro

Achim Zeileis zeileis at ci.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Sep 23 17:26:28 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 16:38, Michael Shott wrote:

> Dear R-Help:
>
> As you can see, Prof. Friendly refers me to your site for an
> executable version of vcd.  I don't mean to be obtuse, but 15
> minutes spent exploring your site failed to locate a downloadable
> version of the vcd package to which he referred.
>
> I know plainly what this application can do.  What I need to know is
> how to obtain the application itself.

Michael,

you need to install the R system first and then the add-on package vcd.
If you look at
  http://www.R-project.org/
there are some manuals and the FAQ which will tell you how to obtain
and install R on your operating system. Having done that you can
install the package "vcd" which is also covered in the documentation I
mentioned above.
Both R itself and the vcd package can be downloaded from
  http://CRAN.R-project.org/

HTH,