[R] Visualising Moving Vectors

Laura Quinn laura at env.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Oct 28 15:57:23 CET 2003

I am wanting to plot a series of wind vectors onto a contoured area map
for a series of weather stations (eg arrows showing wind speed/direction
for a particular time snapshot), can someone please advise me how best to
approach this?

My desired end point is to be able to link a time series of such data
together so that I will in effect have a "movie" displaying the evolution
of these wind vectors over time - can anyone suggest how this can be
achieved? I believe that there is a function within Image Magick whereby I
might be able to acheive this?

Thanks in advance!