[R] Complete Newbie Q

Tom Hopper tomhopper at comcast.net
Sun Oct 26 22:04:34 CET 2003

As the subject suggests, I'm new to R. I'm looking to move my
statistical and graphing  from Excel to a more capable mathematical and
graphing engine, and R looks to be a good choice.

My question is this: is there a quick-start guide or introductory
tutorial for someone with my background? While there seems to be quite
a lot of documentation on R, it all seems directed at people with a
different background. It's too basic, or too advanced, but doesn't
address someone reasonably familiar with statistics who just needs to
change his work habits.

Thanks,

Tom

P.S. Sorry about that last message. I just upgraded my system, and seem
to have inadvertently altered one of my email settings in the process.