[R] adjacency matrix

Christophe Declercq cdeclercq at nordnet.fr
Wed Oct 22 16:19:11 CEST 2003

Your question is not really clear because:

- I don't know what 'convert.r' do
- I don't know where 'transf.cgm' is (BTW, 'cgm' is not the usual extension
for shapefiles which is 'shp'). Check if it is really in your current
directory.

but, yes, if what you want is to import shapefiles in R, it's easy. Look at
the 'maptools' package on CRAN (there is also a 'shapefiles' package).

And if you want to build an adjacency matrix for a map of polygons (as I
guess from the header of you mail), look at the 'spdep' package, too. It is
then possible to write a text file with your data as a list readable by
WinBUGS.

(I send a copy of my answer to the the R-SIG-GEO mailing list which can be
of interest to you).

Hope it helps.

Christophe
--
Christophe DECLERCQ, MD
Observatoire Régional de la Santé Nord-Pas-de-Calais
E-mail c.declercq at orsnpdc.org