[R] Bagplot

Kuantsai Lee KLee at igeotech.com
Mon Oct 20 17:12:49 CEST 2003

   At 10:22 AM 10/20/2003 +0200, Martin Maechler wrote:

         Kuantsai> Has anyone ported the Bagplot function by
         Kuantsai> Rousseeuw, Ruts, and Tukey from S to R? The S
         Kuantsai> function comprises a script and a FORTRAN
         Kuantsai> function. I assume porting is relatively
         Kuantsai> uncomplicated, but since I have not done any
         Kuantsai> porting before I would not want to invest the
         Kuantsai> effort if a port is readily available.
     Yes, Christian Keller did a semi-port, which I had ``finished''
     long ago.
     When starting to experiment with it I found that it produced
     segfaults (in the Fortran code) semi-stochastically and I never
     found the time to figuring out why they happened.  I can have a
     look and provide
     my "bagplot" package as source package -- but not via CRAN as
     long the problems mentioned remain.
     Can you build R package from the sources?
     Regards,
     Martin Maechler
     <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>    [1]http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
     Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16    Leonhardstr. 27
     ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)  8092 Zurich     SWITZERLAND
     phone: x-41-1-632-3408          fax: ...-1228                   <><

   I have not built R package from the sources before, but there is
   always a first in everything. Send me the source package and I will
   give it a try.