[R] contigency tables

Achim Zeileis zeileis at ci.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Oct 13 23:20:08 CEST 2003

On Monday 13 October 2003 21:58, vasilis pappas wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> Can anyone tell me how I could analyze data that are at a contigency
> table form? I already found function cfa in the cfa package but I
> still don't understand how I could use this function in order to
> elaborate a contigency table. Every answer is welcome!

I haven't looked at the cfa package, but the usual approach to analyze
contingency tables would usually involve the functions:
  o table(), ftable(), xtabs() to generate contingency tables
  o chisq.test(), loglin(), loglm() to perform tests and fit
    loglinear models (the latter function is in the package MASS)
See also the links on the respective help pages.

hth,