[R] R graphics + non-R langs

Timur Elzhov Timur.Elzhov at jinr.ru
Sun Oct 12 17:04:05 CEST 2003

Hello, dear R experts!

One of the first reasons I began to use R, was its beautiful
plotting capabilities. I found them very nice and simple. But
at the last time I consider another languages (Perl, Python) for
coding my scientific applications. So for now, in order to plot graphics
I have to write data to the disk, launch R separately, and run R script
just to plot my data.

I gave a glance at the other scientific plotting libraries (plplot,
pgplot, dislin) - all of them support API of many languages.
The question is: what about R graphics? Is it so hard to bind it with
any non-R languages?

Thank you!

--
WBR,