[R] RWinEdt patch

Arnab mukherji arnab at myrealbox.com
Thu Oct 9 23:46:39 CEST 2003

Hi:

 I just tried to install the patch for RWinEdt - there is an automated package ('SWinRegistry' ) which with the rwinedt patch on the CRAN site have to be loaded as packages from R using the local zip drive option.

That works fine. The next step is to call the library(RwinEdt) and this does'nt work out ... the meesages i get are:

> install.packages(choose.files('',filters=Filters[c('zip','All'),]), .libPaths()[1], CRAN = NULL)

updating HTML package descriptions

> install.packages(choose.files('',filters=Filters[c('zip','All'),]), .libPaths()[1], CRAN = NULL)

updating HTML package descriptions

> install.packages(choose.files('',filters=Filters[c('zip','All'),]), .libPaths()[1], CRAN = NULL)

updating HTML package descriptions

> library(RWinEdt)
Error in testRversion(descfile) : This package has not been installed properly
 See the Note in ?library
In addition: Warning message:
package RWinEdt was built under R version 1.7.1

I am using windows office 2000 and R ver 1.7 and hence the final error message. I have tried it out on ver 1.7.1 too and i Get the same error.

Was wondering if anyone else encountered this problem

thanks

Arnab