[R] hierarchical mixed-effects model? [was (no subject)]

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sat Oct 4 17:14:54 CEST 2003

Please use an informative subject.

Have you consulted the book Pinhiero and Bates (2000) Mixed-Effects
Models in S and S-Plus (Springer)?  I was able to use lme successfully
only after reading the first few chapters of this book and working
through the examples therein.  I have not used nlme, but if I wanted to
use it, I would start with this book.

hope this helps.  spencer graves