[R] (no subject)

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Sat Oct 4 17:10:36 CEST 2003

Silika  -

By far the best reference for the nlme package is the book by its
authors:

J.C. Pinheiro and D.M. Bates.  Mixed effects models in S and Splus.
Springer, NY, 2000.  ISBN (US) 0-387-989579.  (There is a different,
European, ISBN number but my library catalog doesn't give it.)

This citation is NOT given in  help("lme"),  presumably because the
help page pre-dates the book.  The Laird and Ware (1982) article
cited on the help page may also be useful.

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -