[R] Escape optimization

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 30 11:27:50 CET 2003

No, the status of the optimization is only in C code until the finish.

Whyever would a partially run optimization be useful?  You can arrange for
your optimizand to record the latest set of parameters if you wish, and
then just interrupt R in the usual way.  Or you can set a limit on the
number of iterations.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk