[R] Windows R 1.8.0 hangs when Mem Usage >1.8GB

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Tue Nov 25 20:05:30 CET 2003

Sorry.  I need to retract my claim.  There seems to be a 3G limit, even
though the OS could handle nearly 8G.  (I can have two simultaneous R
processes each using near 3G.)

On another note, on our dual Opteron box R (compiled as 64-bit) could easily
use nearly all the 16G in that box (that's one of the reason for having that
box).

Cheers,
Andy