[R] Invalid Characters for hclust or dist

Leandro Guimarÿffffe3es leguimas at yahoo.com.br
Tue Nov 18 15:04:39 CET 2003

Hi !!

   How are you ? Fines, I hope.

   Well, I'm using this function:

     hclust(dist(x), "ave);

   Where x is a table with my data.

   So, when I execute this, I was getting this error:

   "NA/NaN/Inf in foreign function call"

   I discovered this error was generated because in my
labels data there was a ' (single quote). I removed
this characters, in all ocorrencies, and the errors
stopped.

   I would want to know if there are others characters
that would generate this some problem...

   Thanks a lot and so sorry for my bad English.

Regards,

Leandro

Yahoo! Mail - 6MB, anti-spam e antivírus gratuito. Crie sua conta agora:
http://mail.yahoo.com.br