[R] Program Saving

Ko-Kang Kevin Wang kwan022 at stat.auckland.ac.nz
Thu Nov 13 20:14:09 CET 2003

Hi,

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Marc-Antoine Vaillant wrote:

> I have a very simple question. If a want to save a whole program (say more than 5 command lines), how can I proceed without each time using the command history (that allow me to recall previously saved command, but which is to long if you want to recall more than 5 command lines), or without saving to a text file and use copy/paste when I open a new R session (but in fact this doesn't work since when you copy your program to a text file, you copy the "<" or the "+" , and when you paste it back to a new R command sheet, you get syntax error since you now have double "<" (<<) and double "+" (++) at each line.

Please wrap your text to something like 80 character per line...

Copy/paste works very well.  Instead of copying from your R session over
to a text editor, why don't you do it the other way round?  i.e. type your
R codes in your favourite editor, THEN copy/paste into R.  That way you
don't get any syntax error, and you have all your R codes saved into one
file.

There are several good tools.  (X)Emacs/ESS is one of them (and it's the
one I prefer).  For beginners there is RWinEdt (a plugin, written by Uwe
Ligges, for WinEdt).  Both allows direct communication from the editor to
R....

HTH.

--
Cheers,

Kevin

"Try not.  Do, do!  Or do not.  There is no try"
   Jedi Master Yoda

----
Ko-Kang Kevin Wang
Master of Science (MSc) Student