[R] "configure" options and R CMD INSTALL

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Nov 9 20:02:20 CET 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 10:02:00AM -0800, Rajiv Prasad wrote:
> I separately compiled and installed fftw-3.0.1.  The problem seems to be that
> I need to provide "--with-fftw-lib" option to the configure script.  How do I
> do this?

As options to R CMD INSTALL as per:

edd at homebud:~/chibud/mm/pictures/tmp> R CMD INSTALL --help
Usage: R CMD INSTALL [options] pkgs
[...]
  -h, --help            print short help message and exit
  -v, --version         print version info and exit
      --configure-args=ARGS
                        set arguments for the package's configure script
			(if any)
      --configure-vars=VARS
                        set variables for the configure script (if any)

You may have to use quotes as e.g.

$ R CMD INSTALL --configures-args="--with-fftw-lib=/opt/fftw3" rimage

Hth, Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx