[R] calling R from Perl

martin@ist.org martin at ist.org
Mon Nov 3 11:37:39 CET 2003

Hi,

I want to call R from Perl to generate plots to be displayed on a
webpage. What I found out so far is that there is a package called
RSPerl on www.omegahat.org which should do what I need. However in
the description it says it has been tested with R 1.3.* the latest.
I'm using R 1.8.0 right now so the package seems rather unmaintained.
It is not easy for me to just install it and see if it works because
I have to contact the sysadmin everytime and he is kind of reluctant
on 'just trying things out'.

Does anybody have experience with RSPerl or any other solution on how
to do this? Any help is appreciated,

Martin Keller-Ressel