[R] Re: [Rd] R-1.7.0 beta available

Marc Schwartz mschwartz at medanalytics.com
Thu Mar 27 20:35:19 CET 2003

Martyn,

You are very welcome.

It was my plan to do a clean install with RH 9. I am hoping to
download the ISO's via RHN during the week of the 31st along with the
other paying bleeding edge adopters, so hopefully I will have an
answer that week.

This is predicated of course on it being reasonable to have an
optimistic outlook relative to there being no substantive problems
during the install and subsequent tweaking...  :-)

BTW, on the x.0 release issue, a perhaps not so subtle point.  All of
the recent official RH informational documents and e-mails have it as
" RH 9", not "RH 9.0".  Perhaps an indication that RH is moving to a
whole version numbering scheme to enable faster adoption of new
versions...marketing...  ;-)

Best regards,

Marc