[R] The best way to end up with WMF files

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Thu Mar 20 03:36:13 CET 2003

> And if I do create another format first and eventually end up with
> a wmf, what is the best way to get there without loosing quality
> on the way through the conversion(s)?

I've had success creating good looking png's using a hack with
bitmap().  Set res=200, and you'll end up with a png file with a very
large canvas.  If you open in Mozilla, for example, the plot will be
giant.  The image can then be resized when you import to ....

Everyone keeps telling me that you can use png() and get good
results, but I haven't been able to make that work yet.

For example, I've been able to import the png into Windows apps and
resize and have it look nice.  The same png's can be used (and
resized) for creating PDF with pdflatex.

+ seth