[R] References of R in use

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Tue Mar 18 17:23:22 CET 2003

	  This is not a direct answer to your question, but the book
"Information Rules: A Strategic Guide to the Network Economy" by Carl
Shapiro and Hal R. Varian (1998) describe how to wage and win a
standards war.  Along with this, you may wish to review that S-News says
about R and vice versa, the strength and depth of Insightful and the R
Developers network (including Insightful's quarterly reports), and then
make up your own mind.

	  If you do this, please let me know.  I work for a small company with
many S-Plus users.  However, I have a collaborator in another company
who is using R.  I now test virtually all software I develop in both
S-Plus and R.

	  I hope this helps.

Best Wishes,
Spencer Graves