[R] Help.start, .Renviron , and .Rprofile

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Mar 15 20:30:05 CET 2003

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Fredrik Lundgren wrote:

> Hello experienced R-ers,
>
> I'm converting from S-Plus Win 98SE to
> SuSE 8.1, R 1.62 and have run into som problems.
>
> 1) When I use help.start() netscape comes up OK and all links are accessible except "Search Engine & Keywords" : search doesn't work and the keywords from base doesn't respond either. ?command within R gets netscape running and works OK.

Which netscape is this, what Java do you have installed and is it enabled?
?help.start does contain some details of what you need.

> 2) I haven't been able to get Renviron.site, Rprofile.site,
.Renviron, and .Rprofile to work and affect my sessions.
To the best of my knowledge I have handled these files according
to "Invoking R under Unix" in Rintro. .First within R works OK and
this is the way I customize R at the present time.

No idea: do the examples in ?Startup work for you?

Please learn to wrap the lines in email messages.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk