[R] Help.start, .Renviron , and .Rprofile

Fredrik Lundgren fredrik.lundgren at norrkoping.mail.telia.com
Sat Mar 15 19:47:46 CET 2003

Hello experienced R-ers,

I'm converting from S-Plus Win 98SE to
SuSE 8.1, R 1.62 and have run into som problems.

1) When I use help.start() netscape comes up OK and all links are accessible except "Search Engine & Keywords" : search doesn't work and the keywords from base doesn't respond either. ?command within R gets netscape running and works OK.
2) I haven't been able to get Renviron.site, Rprofile.site, .Renviron, and .Rprofile to work and affect my sessions. To the best of my knowledge I have handled these files according to "Invoking R under Unix" in Rintro. .First within R works OK and this is the way I customize R at the present time.

Hopefully someone out there realizes what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely Fredrik Lundgren