AW: Re: [R] Q: Best-Practice for Swing-GUI calling R-code on Windows?

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 3 11:07:03 CET 2003

Looks like a bug in your Java example.  Not that R-help is the
right list for SJava questions, let alone Java programming ones.

I would

1) check out the SJava/examples/tdist.R example.
2) recompile from sources if 1) fails.

We really cannot debug your Windows setup remotely: all I can say is that
SJava.zip has run hundreds of examples in the last week on three different
Windows XP machines.

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Till Baumgaertel wrote:

> Thank you for the new SJava-binary!
>
> But I am sorry, it won't work on my environment (Win XP pro, R 1.6.2., all
> Jars in the CLASSPATH, SJava.dll in the PATH, R.DLL in the PATH). This time
> the error looks totally different, but I don't have a clue what's wrong.
> Could you give me a hint again?

You could check the setup instructions in my ReadMe, as that is not what
it says to do.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk