[R] Dismal R performance of Athlon moble CPU?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 24 09:14:38 CEST 2003

R is not supported under Cygwin, so that won't help, and is in any case
unnecessary.

However, under Windows you can make use of ATLAS, and that is fully
documented: we even provide versions of Rblas.dll for common chips. Part
of my point was that a mobile Athlon will very likely need different
tuning from your Athlon XP.

The R developers have gone to considerable trouble to make ATLAS-tuned
versions possible under Windows, so why ignore their efforts, Mr Borasky?

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk