[R] Minor nuisance with rw1071

kjetil brinchmann halvorsen kjetil at entelnet.bo
Fri Jul 18 01:21:06 CEST 2003

On 17 Jul 2003 at 20:59, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> Can we check whether you are each running R in MDI or SDI mode (not that
> I have a problem with either, but then I use focus-follows-mouse)?

I am running in MDI mode. Switching to SDI, problem disappears.

But happens only with one of my many R startup icons, not with the
others! It happens when starting in a directory where I experimented
with the package Rcmdr by John Fox, and I guess that must have to do
with the problem. First, the startup message now includes

including car. I did'nt change any startup files, so this must have
been set by Rcmdr, but I don't know where.

The value of options("defaultPackages") have not been changed.

When typing ls(all=TRUE) I get a lot of variables names starting with
. , most of them must have been defined by Rcmdr, but none seems
to contain package name info. I have none .Last() or .First()
function anywhere.

Incidentally, one of the variables defined by Rcmdr, .logFont, if I
try to print its value, Rgui bombs, repeatedly!

This is all the info I have been able to find.
I have no .Renviron file, anywhere.
The only changes i made to .Rprofile was to get html help, and
redefing the default editor.

Kjetil Halvorsen