[R] methods help and glmmPQL

Federico Calboli f.calboli at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jul 14 13:51:23 CEST 2003

Dear All,

I would like to ask you to help me with my memeory. I remember using some
function that would list all the possible methods I could apply to an
object. Say, if I had an object of

class=lme,

it would tell me that that I could do stuff like

qqnorm(myobjct), or VarCorr(myobject). In general, a very complete list.

I though this list of all possible methods would pop out by typing

methods(class = lme) or, methods(class = whatever class my object is),

but, if I type: methods(class = lme), I get:

"anova.lme"    "plot.lme"     "simulate.lme" "vcov.lme"

nowhere as complete list as I would expect (no mention of VarCorr, for
instance)

So, what was the magical command I used to get a list of all the possible
ways of skinning an object?

Secondly, how do I get to see the SS and MS of the fixed terms of a glmmPQL
fit ?

Regards,
Federico Calboli

=========================