[R] bootstrap for hclust

Simon Blomberg Simon.Blomberg at anu.edu.au
Mon Jul 14 02:28:40 CEST 2003

We had this question a couple of weeks ago (see the archive). No, there is currently no function for bootstrap support indices on hclust objects. However, code contributions are welcome. ;-) A long-winded way to do it could be to convert your hclust objects to phylo objects, using as.phylo (package ape), then write them to a file as bracket-format trees using write.tree (package ape), then analyse the results in another package e.g. PHYLIP.

Simon.

Simon Blomberg, PhD
Depression & Anxiety Consumer Research Unit
Centre for Mental Health Research
Australian National University
http://www.anu.edu.au/cmhr/
Simon.Blomberg at anu.edu.au  +61 (2) 6125 3379