[R] Looking for graphics/par cheat sheet

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Jul 4 11:54:29 CEST 2003

    BDR> There is one in MASS4 p.85.  It's a direct descendant
    BDR> from Bill Venables' `Notes on S'.  `An Introduction to
    BDR> R' is another descendant, and that has two less
    BDR> comprehensive figures, in sections 12.5.3/.4 in the
    BDR> version I just consulted.

Hence, if you feel like it, we'd be grateful if you'd improve on
the figures in the R-Intro and contribute them to the R project;
preferably with the R code to produce them.  For those figures,
(which were made by R as is seen in the *.eps file), the R code
has been lost to my knowledge.

    BDR> On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Kevin Wright wrote:

    >> I've searched for a while and have not been able to find
    >> a succinct, one-page guide to the graphics parameters
    >> that control the layout of plots.  I was thinking about
    >> creating one, but thought I would see if this has already
    >> been done.
    >>
    >> I'm thinking more about a visual guide to the pare
    >> parameters than a text description.

Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27
ETH (Federal Inst. Technology)	8092 Zurich	SWITZERLAND
phone: x-41-1-632-3408		fax: ...-1228			<><