[R] problems when compiling package 'norm'

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 21 10:23:02 CET 2003

2.95.3 was and is fine, and prior to `2.96' the advice was to use it,
to the frequent posters on R-help who had exactly the symptoms you
described with `2.96'.  Note that Linux distros usually shipped with
obselete versions (e.g. egcs) at that point.

Did you actually use 2.95.3 (or 2.95.2)?

One problem with `2.96' is that it was a snapshot of the development
version, and there are many different compilers out there under that
alias.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk