[R] kriging in R

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 17 09:15:04 CET 2003

Lots of questions!  Kriging in geostatistics software often uses rather
peculiar approximations to the exact theory, and `data' cannot be
anisotropic (but models can).

There is kriging in packages spatial, sgeostat and fields, at least, as a
quick look at the FAQ would have shown you.

It is unlikely that an R package will provide you with C/C++ code that is
independent, but some are based on such code.  If you want independent
code, you should look elsewhere (e.g. GSLIB).