[R] [lattice] lines for stripplot (like dotplot) or jitter fo r dotplot?

Michael A. Miller mmiller3 at iupui.edu
Wed Jan 15 17:10:05 CET 2003

    > You could jitter your data manually using jitter() (part of
    > the base package) and then use dotplot.

    > Hope this helps,

That works for my horizontal values, which are numeric, but I
want to jitter vertically too, and those values are factor
levels.

What I'm trying to do is to plot a factor vs time.  The factor is
a measurement type and the time is when the measurement was made.
I'm plotting it like this so that I can visually summarizer how
often different measurements are being made (or not made).

I tried experimenting with sunflowerplot too, but it doesn't seem
to handle a factor as one of it's coordinate vectors.

Mike