[R] .Rprofile, .Rfirst, and .Rdata

David Richmond daver969 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 07:45:07 CET 2003

On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 09:30  PM, Henrik Bengtsson wrote:

> What do you have in .First() that you can not have directly in the
> .Rprofile script? For example:

Nothing that I can think of, but it's the principle of the thing. If i
did have a reason to change .First, how would I do it ? More generally,
suppose I want to ensure a variable is set to a certain value in
.Rprofile, how can I be sure that R.data won't overwrite it? It just
seems like loading .Rdata after .Rprofile makes it difficult to change
things easily.