[R] mpl and ppp

Suzanne E. Blatt SuzieBlatt at netscape.net
Fri Dec 19 21:14:44 CET 2003

Hello.

I'm trying to use mpl to compare one spatial pattern with soil variables.  I have generated a surface trend for the soil variables and predicted their values for the x,y of my trees - that's fine.  I have generated a 'ppp' for my tree data, but when I try to put the 2 together in mpl, I get the following error message:

"Error in as.ppp(X): Can't interpret X as a point pattern"

which is odd because when I,in R, ask it to examine my object it reads:

"marked planar point pattern: 55 points
multitype, with levels = 1 2 3 4 5 6
window: polygonal boundary
enclosing rectangle: [4943.5, 5023.4] x [4965.2, 5083.7]"

which, as far as I can tell is a ppp.  Can anybody shed some light as to why R would not like it?  Is it the polygonal boundary?

Thanks,
Suzanne

New! Unlimited Access from the Netscape Internet Service.
Beta test the new Netscape Internet Service for only $1.00 per month until 3/1/04.
Sign up today at http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.