[R] mailing list for basic questions - preliminary sum up

Barry Rowlingson B.Rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Dec 17 19:03:24 CET 2003

> But this is a lot of work to set up.  I'd rather take small
> steps.  I do plan to look into phpbb as an alternative to
> bazookaboard*, but not today, and probably not tomorrow.  So if
> things proceed without me, so be it.

  Or set up a server running Zope and Plone, and then you can have
wikis, boards, news, events - a real R portal in fact - and have a
single sign-on for all of it. XHTML compliant and all that. Free and
open-source.

  Bit of a setup and admin overhead though, but the permissions system
allows admin to be distributed over trusted users.

  www.plone.org for info.

Baz