[R] mailing list for basic questions - preliminary sum up

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Wed Dec 17 18:51:39 CET 2003

On 12/17/03 12:19, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:

>In rereading this one idea occurred to me.  What if the entire R help
>system were turned into a wiki?   That is,
>
>?whatever
>
>would take you to the help page, but not on your computer --
>rather to the same page on the wiki.  You would then find the
>docs as they exist now plus the experiences of other people
>with that command all at the same place.   You could similarly
>add your own experience to the page.

Perhaps a good example is
http://www.php.net/manual/en/

But this is a lot of work to set up.  I'd rather take small
steps.  I do plan to look into phpbb as an alternative to
bazookaboard*, but not today, and probably not tomorrow.  So if
things proceed without me, so be it.

Jon

*I remember rejecting phpbb once, but I sort of gave myself 30
minutes to install something, not wanting to spend more time than
that.  Bazookaboard met that test, and nothing else did.  But I
could raise the cutoff.

Home page:            http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron
R page:               http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/