[R] Problem and Question regarding R

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Sun Aug 31 21:11:10 CEST 2003

Bernhard  -

1)  DO try building from source.  For me it works painlessly
(Redhat 8.0 linux) and  ./configure  seems to be very good at
locating the resources it needs.

2)  The very easiest, dumbest interface between Perl and R is
for Perl to write an ascii file of R commands - exactly what
one would type at the command line, including maybe
'object <- read.table("file.name")'  to read in data from a
second file - then run this script as:  R BATCH scriptfile outfile.
Wait for this to finish, then read outfile back into Perl.
I can't help with fancier methods, since I've never tried.

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -