[R] Packages

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Aug 28 08:25:36 CEST 2003

Could you clarify that you want to do this on the Carbon MacOS port, and
not the Darwin MacOS X port?

Since gstat uses Unix-like configure tools, I think this would need a
_lot_ of expertise, something not worth doing for the last release of the
Carbon port.

If you are running MacOS X, why don't you try to do it under the Darwin
port (with the right tools installed, just use install.packages("gstat")).
Or you might like to wait a few days for the RAqua port of R (the Darwin
port with an Aqua GUI) to go into alpha test (it will be the MacOS X port
for R 1.8.0).

Alternatively, could you use R on an OS that does have easy support for
gstat, e.g. Windows or Linux?

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk