[R] Problem with filled.contour

Jose Pedro Granadeiro jpgranadeiro at fc.ul.pt
Thu Aug 7 10:43:28 CEST 2003

Dear all,

I am producing a set of level plot using filled.contour(). I am struggling
with two problem (I have searched the archives and FAQ, but did not find
any cues on these issues):

1. Given that several plots share the same range of levels, is there any
(simple enough...) way to avoid having the right-side scale on some of them
(i.e. disabling them in some way)?

2. When I save the plots as a postscript file (either from a command of
from the menu) I can notice a (discrete, but annoying) grey grid underlying
in certain areas of the filled areas. I can also note this in the printed
graph . Does anyone have any idea of how can this be removed?

Thanks for your help.

Installation is given below:

          _
platform i386-pc-mingw32