[R] function "lme"

Jason Turner jasont at indigoindustrial.co.nz
Thu Aug 7 09:40:58 CEST 2003

Hadassa Brunschwig wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who replied to my first problem. Here is the second
> one: Is the function "lme" (Mixed Model) also in a foreign
> library

yes.

When you encounter this sort of problem, try

help.search("lme")

This will tell you which installed library has the function.

> (shouldnt, as this is a basic statistical function)?

What's "basic" for some is extraneous for others.  Which is why R was
made to be extensible.  It's a Good Thing, not an inconvenience.  It
makes R feature-rich, without being bloated.  Users can specify what
level of features they want to include.

Cheers

Jason
--