[R] Re: SunOS 2.9 Installation (was "Sorry")

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Apr 29 11:08:30 CEST 2003

    Phineas> On my previous message I gave incorrect URL's for
    Phineas> the configuration output.  They should be
    Phineas> http://www.phineas.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/config.log
    Phineas> and
    Phineas> http://www.phineas.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/config.out

    Phineas> Also this technique appears to work with Netscape
    Phineas> on Solaris, but not IE on Windows.
(no real problem; I doubt that IE users will be able to help
 with SunOS configuration ;-)

    Phineas> on Solaris, but not IE on Windows. If this is not a
    Phineas> sensible way to post diagnostic output let me know
    Phineas> and I will post them in a different way.

yes, it's a good way, particularly for the large config.out file.
Note that I've  prepended  "http://" in order to get proper URLs

One first comment: I see this is about installation of 1.6.2.
Could you please "repeat the exercise" with the current 1.7.0
instead?

Regards,

--
Martin Maechler <maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch>	http://stat.ethz.ch/~maechler/
Seminar fuer Statistik, ETH-Zentrum  LEO C16	Leonhardstr. 27