[R] problems with RMySQL connections

Laurent Faisnel laurent.faisnel at ariase.com
Wed Apr 23 12:41:14 CEST 2003

I'm gonna give some details about the problems I have with RMySQL.

These are the packages I have loaded :
 > (.packages())
[1] "MASS"    "RMySQL"  "methods" "DBI"     "tools"   "ctest"   "base"

This is what I did to make the connection :
 > drv <- dbDriver("MySQL")
 > con <- dbConnect(drv)

Then I should be able to send requests. But when I try this :
 > dbListTables(con)
character(0)
Warning messages:
1: RS-DBI driver warning: (error while fetching rows)
2: pending rows in: mysqlQuickSQL(conn, statement, ...)

Obviously, the problem is that I should close something because there
are things to clean in memory.
So I try this (I have no ResultSet opened)
 > close(con1)
Error in close(con1) : no applicable method for "close"

This seems to be the good way to proceed (according to docs - any other
close-like command returns "function not found") but I do not know how
to do after this... Anyway, I cannot submit any queries since
apparently connections have to be cleaned first.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Laurent