[R] References of R in use (SHORT SUMMARY)

Ko-Kang Kevin Wang kwan022 at stat.auckland.ac.nz
Tue Apr 15 12:22:39 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 Jan_Svatos at eurotel.cz wrote:

> I think that at least three ideas in the responses are really worth futher
> developing:
> A response from Martin Maechler including the bash command which gives the
> list of domains,
> from Kevin Wang (his idea that list of domains contains lot of ISP domains
> is true)

I've got the list of domains from Martin, and am in the process of create
a hopefully comprehensive list from it.  The idea is to find the name of
the institution, its category (e.g. academic, government...etc), the
country it is in.  I'm a bit behind my own schedule at the moment but
hopefully it will be done in the next few weeks.

> cat r_help_states.txt
>
>      2      ae
>       1     ar
>      12     at
>      59     au
> This list shows, among others, that R is being used at all continents....

Thanks for the list!  It will help for what I'm doing!

--
Cheers,

Kevin

/* Time is the greatest teacher, unfortunately it kills its students */

--
Ko-Kang Kevin Wang
Master of Science (MSc) Student