[R] randomForests predict problem

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Wed Apr 2 15:12:15 CEST 2003

Yves,

Which version of the package are you using?  I get:

> soy <- na.omit(Soybean)
> ts <- sample(nrow(soy), 150, replace=FALSE)
> sb.rf <- randomForest(Class ~ ., data=soy[-ts,])
> table(predict(sb.rf, soy[ts,], type="class"))

               2-4-d-injury         alternarialeaf-spot
                          0                          37
                anthracnose            bacterial-blight
                         10                           3
          bacterial-pustule                  brown-spot
                          2                          29
             brown-stem-rot                charcoal-rot
                         11                           7
              cyst-nematode diaporthe-pod-&-stem-blight
                          0                           0
      diaporthe-stem-canker                downy-mildew
                          4                           8
         frog-eye-leaf-spot            herbicide-injury
                         17                           0
     phyllosticta-leaf-spot            phytophthora-rot
                          3                           5
             powdery-mildew           purple-seed-stain
                          4                           5
       rhizoctonia-root-rot
                          5

Cheers,